Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kashmir

Nah, it is not about the warring state in between Pakistan and India.. I can't believe that Jimmy Page used this in the Godzilla OST with P.Diddy, geez.. Bad move. hehe

The guitar rhythm like in the when the levee breaks, for this one.. Marvelous.. A great rock song coupled with a good organ beat, which sounds like an anthem. hehe But never the less, it's like stairway to heaven but it has longer guitar rifts and the mood itself, it is like in kashmir, a hot desert place. hehe Which is good, and of course, the voice of Robert really stands out especially, like usual at the end of the song.. The drums of Bonham also are great especially in the inbetween parts, damn, it's just pure slow yet majestic pace.. I like this than the other two because at this song, lyrics are better, it shows how good Robert is and the similar riffs of Jimmy are great, even there is less variety, damn, wow.. He's the only one can do it.. He's guitar godlike ability still surpasses even until now.

Simply great, and well, I hope, they won't like or do it again, let others sing it, because they are the only ones can play this song.. =)

I won't make this long, since the song is very long and the longest of the five but definitely, it is worth 8 minutes of listening to it.. =)

Whoa, let the sun beat down upon my face
And stars to fill my dream
I am a traveler of both time and space
To be where I have been
T' sit with elders of the gentle race
This world has seldom seen
Th' talk of days for which they sit and wait
All will be revealed
Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace
Whose sounds caress my ear
But not a word I heard could I relate
The story was quite clear
Whoa-hoh, whoa-wa-oh
Oooh, oh baby, I been flyin'
Lord, yeah, mama, there ain't no denyin'
Oh, oooh yes, I've been flying
Mama, mama, ain't no denyin', no denyin'
Oh, all I see turns to brown
As the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand
As I scan this wasted land
Tryin' to find, tryin' to find where I beeeeeuhoaoh
Oh, pilot of the storm who leaves no trace
( From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/l/led-zeppelin-lyrics/kashmir-lyrics.html )
Like thoughts inside a dream
Heed the path that led me to that place
Yellow desert stream
My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon
Will return again
Sure as the dust that floats b'hind you
When movin' through Kashmir
Oh, father of the four winds, fill my sails
Across the sea of years
With no provision but an open face
'Long the straits of fear
Whaoh, whaoh
Whaoh-oh, oh
Ohhhh
Well, when I want, when I'm on my way, yeah
When I see, when I see the way, you stay-yeah
Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, well I'm down, yes
Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, well I'm down, so down
Ooh, my baby, oooh, my baby, let me take you there
Oh, oh, come on, come on
Oh, let me take you there
Let me take you there
Whoo-ooh, yeah-yeah, whoo-ooh, yeah-yeah, let me take you

No comments: