Sunday, October 28, 2012

At my fingertips, the Space Shuttle Endeavour!


There are many ways to enjoy strolling around with my little son. Maybe it's time to go something different. Instead of going to parks, or malls.. Why not go to a place something educational? Museum was a good choice but let's go something special. We were lucky that this Shuttle museum was quite near at our house. We thought, well let's see it through our own eyes!!!

We've decided to go seeing the decomissioned Space Shuttle Endeavour instead. As I thought I can see that shuttle in movies or discovery channel documentaries, it's a special time to see the real thing. A big thing! A very big for an airplance or well, an airline perhaps. 

A great time to go was around the earliest in the morning, however you will not see it right away. As you see in my previous pictures, before it landed to the airstrip, it was accompanied by well, a big airline made for carrying that space shuttle. The shuttle landed safely to the ground and yes, there were a lot of people waiting to see, glimpse of the last space shuttle launched by NASA. I can't wait to really come close, and yes, I don't mind carrying my little son with me.. Before taking pictures, we were able to go around and see it close. Damn, it's really big. I was thinking if this giant airplane can still run! Many were just looking in awe at this marvelous invention. Although it's expensive and it may hurt the countries financial health, well it's worth of every penny. It's worth of building this one after that accident happened before. 

I don't how my son will enjoy this great experience but he seems to be happy, he's all smiles to the crowd and maybe she saw how big this shuttle was. Maybe he's thinking riding it one day. But no matter how he reacted to this special trip of ours, I hope he enjoyed the time seeing this big piece of history. History of mankind that made effort to see wonders beyond our planet or even our imagination. Human beings seems doesn't stop of discovering things, or even thought that maybe we're not alone in this universe. This shuttle kept us updating that we're safe here at earth and although no incident occured of invasion or weird sightings of different race or space ships, well.. 

The importance of this shuttle was we can make a bridge going to the farther side of this universe. Evident today, well we send a pod in Mars. 

But at that time, I did cherish looking this historic shuttle. We should be proud that we were able to make this possible despite the setbacks and what happened before.. I know it's made by NASA and for US alone but well, it's a product for all mankind. I'm thinking since it will be just staying at a museum of sorts, can we still use it for space tourism? I gotta love that kind of tour, but it might be expensive for the tour, definitely I cannot pay that in my lifetime. 

For now, me and my son seemed enjoy staring at this, he was quite bubbly sitting in his stroller. As for me, even it's quite big to touch that shuttle, maybe I can touch it using my fingertips. 

Wondering this thing was small, compare to the whole universe..

Maybe smaller, or smallest. 

But our dreams are bigger than this shuttle, bigger even than our Endeavour. 

Even ABC7 seems to love seeing these pictures of sheer fondness to Endeavour!

Footnote: pinagawa lang sa kin ng pinsan ko to from the US. I wish I am there! hehehe

No comments: