Monday, November 25, 2013

Ring! Ring!

(Makati)

Part 1

When it comes to business districts here in the Philippines, first comes to mind is this place.. Makati!

As much I want to describe this place, I'll kinda save that part at the next post. For now, I'll just give you some companies or some buildings when thinking of applying for a call center/BPO job.

Despite many people coming from the farthest of places like from the South or North, they still come to work here at Makati. It's all here! From big companies, government agencies, malls or even the stock exchange.

Just a short description of Makati.. Definitely, if your shift is at night, it's easy to come to work, no traffic and less frills. But if your shift is the normal day shift, office type, morning shift well.. Gotta say, give yourself at least one and a half hour in advance coming here. Then if you come home at rush hour, give your at least 2 hours going home. That's at my place, but worse if you're living far. Geez.. Makati is big, a lot of villages and a lot of strict traffic rules, all guards in uniform can apprehend your driver's license and much more.. To make it simple, I advise don't bring a car here unless your earning big time. hehe

Cut the chase, let's start!


If you're coming from Pasay, going to Dian St.. I heard this is a working call center that caters Korean for online english tutorials.

Going forward to Chino Roces/Pasong Tamo extension/Washington, actually there is one building to look out for a job. The much maligned Export Bank Plaza. Maligned because the Export Bank was well, under receivership of central bank, it went kaput.. But the building still stands.

Inside the building, houses the notable..

Headstrong - they are like Accenture in terms of job positions, back office, HR functions, programming then that's it. I tried to apply there thru my friend but it did not work out. Fine. hehe Even my friend left, so I don't know, what good or bad inside there. But important is they still stands. They only have night shift. Definitely smaller than Accenture.

Sutherland - I'm not sure if this one still operates in this building after their closure of their site in one province. They handle mostly US accounts such as, I'm not sure but google or amazon. Between those two.. It's an Indian owned company but what I heard. None that will really notice them. What I do know they just closed their site in one provice way back a year ago. Geez.

WEST contact services - Before, they have a lot ads, even reaching to city buses!!! But now, they kinda spending cuts of recruitment! hahaha I know they have Yahoo account, the YM part which besides at their Manda office.  In this site, they have a tech account, then HR of AT&T, hiring of outsource techs!!! hehe That is the position I wanted! But sad to say, I did not pass. I applied twice, one was after my college graduation, then last one, after my days from 24/7. hehe The tests were not changed, still the same, from typing, reading comprehension, interview, then that's it. I don't know why I'm quite unlucky. One good thing about them, you get paid bi weekly! Every second and last friday of the month. One bad thing about them, if your scorecard or stats are quite low, despite TL's authority to save the agent, they will remove you. No questions ask. Even you're tenured. I just remembered that they do have US cable account, I just forgot the name. But definitely, that's a toxic account! hahaha

After Export Plaza, well, go forth and you'll find Burgundy Plaza. Home of the security guards who shot their counterparts.. Geez. Crazy!

Kidding aside, only call center situated here is Sykes. But I'm not sure if this center still residing because they just opened one in G5.

Anyway, I'll make it short for Sykes because the bash is at their next site, in the same Makati place. hehe But here at this site, I'm sure MCI still stands or what they are called now. Then they have a new account, quite intriguing.. A financial account which the rep cannot disclose to anyone.. I mean even friends. I'm quite curious, I can't even guess if it's US, they say Canadian, but definitely not UK. I have no clue. Well, Sykes has a weird payscale that you can choose, a lot of leaves which you can convert. The bad thing? Next time!

Walk a few minutes, passed the Makati Post Office, the Mercury Drug and Tropical Hut, corner of Ayala Ave. From People Support, now it's Aegis! Then sometime, a new name again! hehe

Proof? Gossips around the office, then my best friend who well got retrenched, as he is working at middle management. There is a way of cost cutting.

Well, this company has ups and a lot of downs. I mean before they were recruiting hard and became one of the best centers.

Unfortunately, some bad things happen. They used to have a lot of accounts, one prominent account Vonage used to be a good one. However, due to the scandal and dropping sales of VOiP, Vonage closed and pulled out. I forgot their US financial account, I'm not sure which but that pulled out as well, then left a lot of non working agents. Others left, others retrenched and others lucky still stayed in different LOB's.

I heard that they have their own gym, a great medical coverage and good food restaurants at the below of their center, with Starbucks. Only accounts I know they still have, the flower delivery that I'm not sure of it, Expedia and a local account of Philam which they cut agents every month..  Then the gossip of another sale of them.

Well, simply avoid this one and there are a lot as you move forward in Ayala Ave or Buendia. hehe

I'm now thinking that this series will be the longest part of this blog series..

Coz Makati is quite Big.

No comments: