Friday, February 27, 2015

Kingsman: The Secret Service

When first news broke out that Matthew Vaughn will not direct the X-Men days of the future past, well it was a sad day. I mean after doing great at First class, then it's expected he'll save X-Men for good. 
Unfortunately, it was not. He chose this film than doing X-Men.
After watching this film, I know why now. I hope Bond was this bloody, I mean literally bloody great! What's more interesting is what I found out later.

It's a great action film, great thing to start this year with this one and of course, looking forward for more of this stuff. I mean, this film should be, definitely has a sequel. 

Although it has some mishaps. Only 2 things disturb me. Weird first scene, I did not quite get, how the dude died. I mean, it's explodes but it's still there and all of them lives. It was weird and sort of did not get it. I'll watch it again when the home release comes. 
Another one, well, sorry to spoil but indeed, Colin Firth's character shouldn't be dead. I know it maybe part of the story but he started it all and he is Kingsman. Indeed. 

That's all! The rest is damn great! I'll give credit to Matthew Vaughn that always deliver the good in his action packed films. This one is no exception and some others say it's his best film. For me, I can say yeah! He kinda trampled all other spy films in the action sense. He showed great action scenes, and really deadly villian and, great cast as well. Despite the film was long, I really did not feel a second that is boring or a scene dragging. That's how great it is. Especially that church scene, I mean at first I did not understand because its a surprise but I don't care! It's a blast!!! That is damn action scene!

Great cast! At last Mark Strong is a protagonist, I mean more than half of his films are always at the villain side. Great scary mentor and support for the film. Michael Caine is always Michael Caine. Samuel Jackson is just the right type of crazy main villain. Roxy, I forgot that actress name playing her is interesting.  Taron Egerton is a promising star, and this dude will get a lot of roles in the future. Of course, the ultimate Kingsman: Colin Firth. Wow, total transformation by him, I mean you always watch him in drama films, but this one, well mannered killing spy machine. Geez, I hope he'll do a lot this kind of action films. Sofia Boutella is the name of the actress of the blade runner. Geez, can you believe an ichi the killer as a woman? That sold me! Especially the first kill of hers. That was insane!
Anyway, the most suprising part is the writing. I mean, when I searched this comic at the net, they changed a lot of characters and even the spy organization. Give credit to Matthew and Jane for that making it work. I don't know how they will make it work in the future films but with that skill, they'll make it work. 

What a way to start this year with a great action packed film. Great thing they pushed this from October to February because I don't want to watch a film about a man who has a fetish in S&M. 
I mean japanese and european films already done that. Unless if the director of that film is well, I know who can do it in a more good way. 

Forget it, I did not like that, but for this one...

I like that line, Manners maketh Man. 

Who will win by the way, Ichi or Gazelle? hehe

No comments: