Sunday, November 29, 2015

Not Showing: Sting: Into The Light

I was surprised that Sting has a picture with the Sting from the Police! hehe Anyway, that was one of the shots that I liked when I watched this simple documentary. Thanks to Algerro's favorite appetite to watch wrestling documentaries that week, I also enjoyed his viewing. For those who don't know Sting, ah he's one of the best professional wrestlers in history! The only or one of the great wrestlers outside WWF. For short, he's kinda legendary.. 

First time I saw him was in that WCW game in NES, wayback my childhood years. I have no idea that time he's the main attraction in WCW but he looks cool.. Then decades after, even with WWE domination in my HS years, WCW was going into ruins but one dude stands firm, that was Sting. It's interesting that this documentary was really focused from Sting's beginnings into his first time ever joining to WWF last year.. 

Few things that I hoped they added in this documentary.. First was the section where ultimate warrior and sting tag team story was kinda short and Ultimate warrior himself only has one shot. Another thing, more clips of his best matches althought not possible due to the editing of this film will make it longer. 

It's a joy watching how Steve Borden begun from a sport freak guy into a legend. A lot of surprising facts shown here which added the fun into this film. One of the suprising facts that he did not really go to wrestling training unlike most of the WWE or wrestling stars. He just maintained his body very much at that time and someone just invited him to wrestle. Another interesting facts that why he did not jump to WWE for the longest time. A lot of interesting facts coming from him and how he told the stories even he's matches with Ric Flair.. Even he says that it's all the same, it doesn't show in the scenes or clips of their matches. 

I love on how he thought of the best Sting form, which was the crow style and his entrances and stuff. I also love the scene which he shows all the outfits or memoribilia used in his previous matches throught out the years. Great thing that WWE also shown how they welcome wrestlers and their HQ which is quite big. 

While Sting talking not only his wrestling life but also more into his personal life, I got to appreciate what he did in his career. Even he did not earn big unlike the WWE stars, you can see him really enjoyed on his decisions. I admire his priority for his family and sticking into his faith even with the toxic environment he involved into. What I also liked was his anticipation joining to WWE, he's showing his nervous emotions even he's a legend in wrestling. You gotta liked what his peers saying to him in and outside of the ring.

As you see, it's hard not to love this film especially for wrestling fans or simply like me who knew pro wrestling before.  I guess that one of the films that me and Algerro liked. hehe 

Great lesson there, even it looks like too late for him, Sting still came into the light. To do what you want as long it's the right way to do.. 

Damn one more thing, that's the strongest tag team ever, Sting and Ultimate Warrior!! I can't believe they did work together. hehe

No comments: