Saturday, December 27, 2008

BiPolar

Like I said before, I already bought the most anticipated 2nd Album from Up Dharma Down, BiPolar. Nabili ko siya after ng bazaar sa La Vista, courtesy sa invitation of Raims and Claire. hehe I bought it while I am strolling sa Gateway Cubao. Of course, naghanap ako ng Astrovision, pero unfortunately, wala sa Gateway. So malamang may Odyssey, I never thought na mayroon sila, kasi sa MOA wala sa Odyssey yun album kasi Indie. Well, I tried my luck here sa Gateway at alas, pagkita ko sa Indie section, may dalawang copies. I bought one siyempre, hehe 299 pesos siya. 

Anyway, it was a simple cover and sort of. No lyrics, just plain snapshots, but nice layout and that's all. Medyo maliit ang sulat niya actually, pero nakikita naman kahit papano. hehe 

Let's Start. 

1. Blessed - 3rd fave song in the album, slow yet good rhythm saka balance yung kanta, like it's slow at one part then mabilis. Ok to. hehe
2. Clockwork - a very slow song, but maganda naman. However mas maraming magandang kanta compare to this one. 
3. Delayed Breathing - oh well, filler track. hehe 
4. All Year Round -  very slow yet medyo pagka RnB ang dating ha. my 4th fave song actually. 
5. Taya - Fave ni Raims pero ako hindi, well, maiksi saka medyo pop ang dating. nagexperiment ata sila dito pero ok naman siya. Di ko lang trip. 
6. Unspoken Definites - at first, di ko siya trip, pero nung nilagay ko siya sa cellphone ko at siyempre random lagi yun play option ko, na realize ko na fave ko siya, 5th fave song ko siya. Moody song yet may pagka alternative mix sort of. I can't describe it, basta ok siya. hehe 
7. The cold is warmth - eto, sa umpisa, ok siya pero nung tumatagal, walang lyrics pala. Damn. Sana naman nilagyan nila ng lyrics. Sayang to. Maganda pa naman yun mix, sayang. 
8. Two - Oh, this one I can say, it will be their second release from this album. My second fave. Nung una di ko pinapansin, pero nung inulit ko, gusto ko to. Ang drawback lang niya, maiksi. But this one, you can't hear this at Fragmented. Short yet powerful song. Lalo na yun first note, parang RnB. Mahilig magbilang ata si Armi dito. hehe I love this song, especially when it approaches the final part. Galing!
9. Sana - 2nd of their 3 tagalog songs. Hmmm simple song for me. 
10. Return saturn return - Filler track. no comment
11. Every First Second - When I first heard this or saw in youtube, then converted it to a mp3 file, I knew this will be good. The song itself. I already knew that when the album comes out, it will be better. And when I got the album. Tama ang hinala ko. My fave song in the album. My 2nd fave song from UDD, behind Pag-agos. Naks. hehe Pero totoo yun. Simple intro then when it progresses, ayun iba na ang dating. Longer ending. I love this song. The best in this Album. Galing talaga nila. hehe. Except for the counting part.
12. Furnace - Oh well, filler again.
13. Silid - My last fave song, iba ito na tagalog song. with the mixture of electric and guitars, and vocals, iba ang tempo. that's it. 
14. Sugarcoats and Heartbeats - Very very very long track, it thought it's short, but it's very long. Sinadya kaya nila yun? hehe It's a simple song I believe.

To sum it up, like I said to Raims, this album is a very good album, from a very good band. I hope I can see them perform at least once. hehe This album is the best of this year, from OPM or Pinoy Rock of course. Kasi naman, di lang kasi ito lang binili ko this year, but because the band itself. But like I said to Raims, the first one, Fragmented is better. Still better, but not that way better. The only reason lang naman bakit mas maganda yung una, eh mas maraming kanta kang makakarelate dun. So if we count them off in this album, 6 ang maganda, sa Fragmented, that's 8 of them. Yun lang. But still, I won't debate which is which, kasi that's my opinion. hehe I still like the album, highly recommended to everybody. Not only to the devoted fans. Unless you want to buy the new Wolfgang's album, which like Raims said, pang collection lang. hehe So I am hoping that UDD will do the same quality albums in the few years time, like Radioactive Sago. And I believe, in their next album, they will do a great album, again.  

That's it for me. Nothing new, from me. I got the best sleep and rest due to the long off, and bukas, pasok ulit then, yahoo, 3 days off na naman. Parang 2 days lang pasok ko next week. haha Happy new year sa lahat. Naku, manonood pala kami ng Iskul Bukol. No joke dude, yun ang panonoorin namin nila Rheg today. hehe

I don't even know why UDD titled the Album BiPolar. Sabagay, most bands, they just give titles to their albums with no reason at all. Parang magandang pakinggan siguro. Mukha nga. Parang sa Pedicab na "Shinji Ilabas mo na ang Helicopter" hehe or sa Radioactive Active na last album nila, siyempre mura na yun diba, pero may reason naman, straight forward naman sila sa album itself. 

Are you a BiPolar? 

No comments: