Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fade in a Decade

As my resume says, March 25, 2004 was the day I graduated in school. That was the day I started learning the hardest lesson.. Living Life!

Looking for a job, planning what to do best in my life, things to do to enjoy it.. All of those circumstances, always going through my head. 

10 years later, I'm kinda started all over again.

Well, however I don't regret or really frown whatever happened in the first 10 years of after graduation. I did stupid and pathetic things financially. I missed some important things getting done. I only had a complicated relationship which ended sour. I quite transferred a lot of companies as health deteriorates due to frentic work schedule. I only got the things I liked recently, hmmm around years later! A lot of events happened in my family that were kinda difficult. Friends also dealt some losses which were harsh but able to recover. My family is still healthy, loving and supportive.  

Despite all these letdowns, what I am grateful for those lessons, as I moving forward at those failures or mistakes. For the past 3 years, well, when I became closer to God, not rushing into things, more time to decide for important decisions, and most importantly, knowing the truth in life. Don't forget of course, I know I have a lot of friends but after graduation, I lost contact for a lot of friends, yet I've known who are my real and close friends are.

People around me changed.. Some changed for the bad or worse.. Some changed for simply the best for them. One former classmate of mine has already 4 kids. hahaha Most of my closest friends remain single like me. Great thing I did not marry as I originally planned before. 

Life simply changed so fast that I still remember things in the past so clear, like it happened yesterday. Even living a simple life, I'm quite relieved that I'm still here, family, friends and of course Him. Nevertheless, I encountered some health problems, I'm now going into healthy living. I'm now sober for quite a long time. Now, let's make a change or let's say transformation for the course of the year, inside and out. 

I love this life! Definitely, even I'm having struggles, but I'm not dishearted, or demotivated. Nothing will hold me back, especially at this coming of age. 

I know success might be far fetched, but what is important.. 

Life should be enjoyed with happiness!

Success is achieved not only by having a lot of everything.. 

But having a lot of healthy relationships with everybody.

A determined me is starting to rise. I can't wait to meet him. 

In the next decade, I know, some things might happen again.

New events might come and go. New challenges arise.

New difficulties passing by.

New opportunities just passing through.

Some irreversible life changes might happen.

But one thing is for sure..

Life never fades even decades past.

No comments: