Monday, June 29, 2015

flashbacks: Sudden Move

Ah no, not another sickness or stuff.. It's just the sudden change of heart. One simple night, I was not feeling well. I feel quite dizzy and tired even I haven't start my shift. I took the rest and slept.. It started for a day or two then it became weeks, and that's it.. The end. 

I end up well, out of work. I suddenly left.. That time I didn't know the reason why the hell I left! But as weeks passed, then a month went by... I thought I was just dead tired. Not the work, but simply the shift I'm working to.. I can't go on working at night. How stupid I am believing I can do it, or able to cope up the shift but as months passed.. I felt I'm fooling myself and of course, I am forgetting the other important chores that I need to do. Geez, I can't imagine I forgot my responsibilities not only at home but also to myself. I always catching up sleep or rest and ending up well, going to work again on a Monday night. It means, the rest days are not enough for such days off. 

I know it sounds crazy but yes, I was crazy that I left. I know I sounded happy in my previous post about this new job of mine but there were signals shown to me. I felt tired for most of the time. Although I'm enjoying the work but it seems as more work coming in, I became more sleepy at work. I almost got fired by sleeping at work, well.. I'm sleeping besides my operations manager to make things work but I promised I won't do it again. I was able to do it but I'm not eating lunch. 

Yes, at least 4 times a week, my lunch time was sleeping time. That was the only time I can catch up sleep which I can't do in the morning or afternoon. I did say the truth that one of the causes of not getting enough sleep was working doing besides at my room. The chinese temple building! Every single day, it was really erring and unpleasant to me, then you add the hot summer time, how in the world I can sleep! Well, it took months before I can cope up but it was too late. I just made a decision to sleep at my lunch hour. 

That month, I was working diligently but pressure mounting left and right. Left was my work, and the right was at my home. Workload increased although not the pressure, it just I need to adjust but the one at home really gave me the hardest pressure. I should make some sacrifices to satisfy such forces but in the end, I can't satisfy them both. As for me, I just want to get out for a while and think again. I thought doing that at work but I may end up sleeping again for the whole time. I'm demotivated and tired so well, how about just stay at home.. Running to my head at that point and I must say, I sudden made that change. Why not stop working and get out and think or start again. But first, I want to breathe a morning fresh air. 

However, before I can do that, I did have sleepless nights as my body still accustomed working at night.. Trembling in fear about what will happen to my status and at the same time, what I need to do next! All of those thoughts running in my head starting that week. The following week that I decided..

That Sudden Move.


No comments: