Monday, April 5, 2010

flashbacks: going home, alone

Up to this moment, I can't believe that I was able to go home at a tender age. Imagine, at 7 years old, from a very far school near SM north up to Project 7, our previous home, I walked home, alone..

That was one simple morning at grade 1, well, as usual, I was brought to school by my brother driving the old blue toyota wagon then regular school day finished. By the way, yes, I did not study at LSQC GS until grade 2, fun fact. hehe Usually I used to be picked up by our tricycle buddy, Manong Philip when I finish my school day.. Like school bus but in a tricycle set up.. hehe I don't know for what reason, he didn't arrive..

Me, maybe I was so impatient at that time, stubborn kid I guess, I decided to walk going home.. So I think at that time, I was indeed stubborn. I did not follow my parents to wait for anyone to pick me up. I went home alone.. Without thinking twice..

Jeez, that was a very hot morning brunch time.. Walking in the dusty busy streets, why I didn't ride a trike? Well, I only have a snoopy lunch box at my hand and my bulky bag. I don't have money at that time.. I guess at that time, I don't even know what is money. hehe Maybe..

Of course, it's not a short walk, you won't believe that I need to walk across edsa.. If you check edsa today, I went across the Shell in Veterans Village entrance from a small market in Bago Bantay.. Dangerous isn't it if I just jaywalked across that wide avenue.. Luckily, I remembered before that day, we studied the traffic signs, like the traffic lights, red is stop, green is go, and good thing, there is some cop who assist me walking across the street. Without those thoughts, I won't be here. Maybe there will be a news in the police report section in TV patrol that same night, kid got hit while walking in Edsa. hehe

I was able to across Edsa with my dear life and went on walking until I reached main street going to our house. To tell you honestly, I am so hungry and tired at that time. Crap.. Well, I still walked hard. hehe

Then when I arrived at our fave bake shop which only sells pandesal and tasty bread, I saw someone running towards me..

It's my beloved dreary Mom.. She was crying at that time and asking me if I'm ok and fine.. Even I looked so pale and tired, I told her, "I'm ok Ma".

I got home, well ate a sumptous lunch and later... got scolded. hehe Mang Philip just went late so I was not able to meet at school..

Lessons learned: Follow your parents and be patient. hehe

For now, I became patient yet sometimes, I don't follow my parents. hehe

When I remember this event, I still can't believe it.. Oh well, I can say being a kid was fun.. Not entirely my childhood memories, but for this one, worth keeping it!

No comments: