Monday, February 21, 2011

Team Member

I already forgot how many teams I've been.. Different TL's, then different team mates and of course, different companies. Still, I am the one left in the end... To tell you the truth, I've never requested to change teams unless well, what the client/company needs or what they feel best for me or I don't know for the team? I don't think so. hehe

I've witness my former teams disbanded not because of behavor but most of it, stats wise. It's better to disband the team due to oh well, poor stats. I've seen also, teams that I joined became successful. Despite the poor start, of course, we end up victorious! =) And yes, between those times, we are doing all our best to succeed, reach goals and most importantly, to do what's best for the team.. =)

Sadly, even you do have the success, in the end, changes do happen. You'll end up in a new team or worse, I left due to personal reasons.. =(

With all my experiences to those teams, its always them, so how am I for the team? Who is Alfred in a team?

First, yes, I can say very quiet.. I just say something when needed or make fun to those jokes or shootouts.. Or I answer only when I was asked something. Even taking calls, they are surprised that I am already taking calls which my voice is not really too loud. Surprised that I am working in a call center with a very low voice. Especially when I'm tired already. hehe

I am also quite shy.. Yes, indeed.. Maybe because in all the teams I've joined, I am the only guy in the team, then the rest are girls, and yes gays or lesbians. hehe Not all the time, but most of the time, it's like we are only 2 guys in a team. If lucky, 3 guys in the team, like the one I am into now. For me, it's natural to be shy in a team, which almost all of them are girls. Unlike in college, even we are like 10 solid dudes, that's fine, we have a group! Not in my teams..

Third, I am well, cooperative. Even with all the hate in the team or divided in a certain topic, then in the end even I don't like that concept or plan, well, go for it! Besides, we will all fail or pass if it went through! hehe You cannot blame yourself only because of course, it's a team effort.

I give all the effort I can do to reach that goal for the team, doing my best even it is necessary to change my style or how I work, as long it is for the team.

Fifth, I am receptive to feedback. I know I'm right or wrong, well, I just accept the feedback. Even it's a difficult pill to swallow, then yes, you need to swallow it. Sometimes, it doesn't help or most of the time, it does help! Besides, it helps me a lot to improve. I've never argue with it..

Helpful to my team mates, especially for questions about the process!! hehe Yes, since oh well, if there are questions about the process in the job, simply ask me. I can say, I know it all, what is the right thing to do, or sometimes, how to let's say cut the chase. hehe I can answer them even I'm taking other calls.

Easily dragged to team buildings! As long there is a team building, wherever or whatever, as long all the members of the team are there, gora!!!! hehe Yes, spending a time with the team, very fun and enjoying.. It also helps the bonding of the team, trusting and looking each other's back. Yes, even the team building sometimes, no activities done, just be present and have some talk about each other. Yehey!

Passionate to contribute for my team, I can say, besides of doing my best, I want to help them in other ways. Like giving feedback or suggestions or give what I can help to solve some problems or how about giving away something will really help.. As long it's for the success of the team..

Of course, with all of this! I can say I am dependable as well, especially if have some tasks to finish. I'll make not only sure to finish the task but also I'll do it good or better than expected. Hmmm yeah. I guess. hehe

Lastly, I can say, with all I've said. Simply I am reliable team mate. =) In times of down or the best times, I am there to enjoy and help to overcome the obstacles that hinders the team's success..

And yes, let's add, I'm quite boring team mate. hehe

I just hope that with all these qualities, I can bring it wherever I go or which department or team I'll be working for.. Or I can apply in my current business.. Somewhat effective but not perfect. Besides, that's why I don't want to be a Team Leader, because it's fun to be team player! =) Less headache, and more fun!

Maybe I can apply those qualities if I change my mind, to become a Leader. =)


No comments: