Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lockout: An Ultimate All-Star Weekend Experience!

"If there is no lockout, is this possible?" I quipped..

He said.. "No."

Long title. Whew.. But it was a great experience!!!!!!!!!

After going for a wake of my team mate, my sister informed me that there is an extra ticket but it's standing room only for the event. I said yes, I'll come with my brother in law for this once in a lifetime event.

I rushed to the Araneta Coliseum, but oh boy.. Damn traffic there and the lines, I can't believe it! It encircles the whole coliseum.. Geez, it is an once in a lifetime event! hehe

But I waited of course from Kuya Dong for the tickets and geez, a lot of personalities there, showbiz, other basketball players and some politicians as well.. All star studded perhaps, even the crowd from the UAAP games happened there before, stayed in the long lines. =)

People got kinda impatient because it's already 6pm and seems they coliseum still won't let the crowd come in. It was hard waiting especially for us because we don't know where we can get in.

As there was a signal already to come in, we just took a route from the media's booth side and kinda took a shortcut through the queue.. Like a crossover in a basketball game! Clever! hehe

We went in and yes, people pile up through the floor, or seat already if they have a seat, so we were waiting for the show to start.. Then, the basketball craziness starts!!!!!!!!!!

The NBA players start coming in, although not the superstars, but you have James Harden, the beard!!!!!!!! Derrick Williams, which I thought it's Deron Williams. hehe But it's the 2nd overall pick dude who will be playing with Ricky Rubio at Minnesota if that happens, hmmmmm JaVale McGee which is so big. Damn! Tyreke Evans, wow, I can't believe I'll see the great dude, who is the only good player at Sacramento Kings. I am fan of his since his Memphis days at NCAA.

Then, yes, they show some drills, JaVale has some dunks! Then of course, we waited for other stars to come out. Well, there were stars, but it's the PBA all stars. Geez, I already thought this before this event, they will be blown out around 20 points or more. Anyway, as they going for warm ups, wow, the rest of the NBA stars went out!

NBA MVP, Derrick Rose! CP3 Chris Paul! Durantula, my man Kevin Durant! Well, no Kobe yet but Al's idol, tandang Fisher came out. Yikes. hehehe Well, everybody is looking for Kobe, for me.. It was worth it already seeing KD and Rose! Plus CP3 in person.. Geez, let's go home!!! hahaha

I thought KD is thin but in person, damn he's legs are wide and arms, damn.. That's why nobody wants to guard that dude! hehe He's practicing the one legged fade away shot by Dirk, which subsequently used to defeat them in the West Finals. =) Actually he is not making any shot using that move. hehe

All the people in the coliseum went nuts and still waiting for Kobe.. After some 30 mins, the show started and yes, announcer gave a warm welcome to the NBA Stars first, then the surprise is, Kobe is the player coach of the team! Yeah boy!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Yeah, the PBA Stars where introduced and still star strucked with the NBA stars, getting autographs, photos, and meet and greet. I think they don't want to be playing anymore. hehe

For me, the rush I had there was amazing, I can't believe that as I posted before, I wish I can just see them in TV at that day, but for this one.. Damn, I watched it live! I don't care standing up for a day. hehe

Well, the game started and damn, those highlights are great! Alley oops from Kobe to D Rose, The beard showing his stuff. JaVale is dunking everybody which he rarely does in the Wizards. hehe But very athletic dude, he can run all day with that size. Defense as well.. Fish making some decent shots.. Tyreke, crossovering everybody in the PBA, having ankle breaked them! Derrick Williams, has potential, I hope he can use that in MIN. =)

Chris Paul, jeez, how he defends and how you will defend him, damn hard. No cure, just let him shoot a jump shot. hehe

My favorite of all, is KD!!!!!!!!!

I pity Rabeh, he tried but failed.. Twice.. Geez, fade away jumpshot by KD at the middle with time running out. And the hardest of all, fading away from the deepest corner for a 3! That was sweet, that was special. Damn, still they did not win against the Mavs. =( But anyhow, that time, I can say we can go home!!! hehe

It's damn worth it.. Wow, that doesn't include the dunks that KD did and alley oops as well. The crossovers and hussles, he do have post up moves.. Geez, that is 6'10". I hope they included Dirk! hehe

After the final score, which if 131-106 I suppose, everyone was happy! From MVP, even ERAP is there and to all who watched, it was memorable. =) I love it!

Except for some not so good factors. I was laughing when Mo got booed. Patricia can do some better hosting job.. And the last bad one I really, well, a feedback. Please, the hot dancers, should do some practice. But great thing, they are hot! hehe

Other than that, best things are indeed free. =) Yeah!!

Ate at chicboy and went home safely, thanks Kuya Dong!!

Thanks to MVP! I hope your birthday is always like this. How about your 70th or 75th birthday?

I'm your lost son! hahahaha

Yeah, it's was traffic when we went home. It took us an hour, yes, an hour to go home!

Well, for the NBA, they really need to have a common goal to still continue the season. I mean, they have lesser problems than what NFL experienced in their own lockout.

I know some teams are losing but most teams are well, very well off.. I don't know the numbers why NBA is claiming losing or dropping profit but I hope they will resolve and take care of it. I do understand what the players are fighting for but let's face, economies not only in US but all around the world is quite crumbling, and prices are astronomical getting high as time goes by.. They just need to adjust with the factors setting in. The owners and players should give way or compromise to each other. Besides, they owe the success of the league even not that big monetary wise, but to us, the FANS! Fans who just love watching basketball! They should think now about the global fans which is evident growing into new heights..

I hope they will agree to help each other and have a season. Besides, well, thanks to the lockout this happened, but I feel bad for the great players because they are not playing. Some of them, already planned to play overseas even in the less salary they can get, because they do have passion for playing. Especially others who have the talent and wants to payback this season but unfortunately, like Charles says.. There might be no season or games to be play at all. How sad.

For now, I'll cherish what we saw, the experience, damn.. It was so great, I did not mind watching them against Gilas, but great for Gilas, they were close!!!!

Is it possible to have them as imports here? =)


No comments: