Tuesday, February 7, 2012

United Kingdom

I'll make this short and sweet for this country. =) I like calling it United Kingdom than Great Britain.

As I move forward to this description, I can say that from the other three, this is my favorite!

Thanks to the world's local bank.. I've experienced interaction with this country. Oh, how about the films I've watched, almost all of them from this country.

Let's start first, well.. What I don't like.. Well, first of all, it's hard to learn their accent. I think you will need years to adapt and copy their accent, that is British English. But never ever, please you can't copy other accents, like Welsh and Scottish. I'll just watch welsh and scottish actors to fill my need for that accent. =) Although I was able to copy that brit accent but not that long because I need to speak to another english lad.

Second, hmmmm not the geography, but the weather. Even in a sunny day, you will need to wear a jacket due to it's cold weather. Very cold weather, and I may not stand that weather for a long day.

Third, well, they like football. I know, I am not a fan of football, and they are the ones who are crazy about football even they have a weak national football team. I just can't seem to like as they are die hard fans. Hooligans perhaps except for Manc United, they're really a good team but well, I hope they can bring that in the world cup. How about Chelsea?

But for that aspect, I'll still rooting for basketball or how about rugby.. They can be great in other sports but in that one, sorry.. I think it won't work.

That third one, I just made up because I don't know what else to hate in them. I do understand that some of the customer's I spoke to are racist but well, they're few, much few than Aussies. The most? I forgot, the US.. But those comments doesn't really matter to me, unless they are so many..

Ah, one more thing, oh well, like Japan, a very high cost of living. The cheapest brand you can buy there? Marks and Sparks, and here it's like a high street brand. Damn.. That's the cheapest brand of clothing there.. Yikes, I hope they have SM there, at least one store.

Okay, let's go forth to why the heck I love this country besides the union Jack flag?

First, the people, although they are hard to understand for first timers, they are accommodating and lovely. Lovely in british terms, very approachable and most of all, intellectual. Freedom and liberty are fully incorporated those who are in the right minds, and they are those minds. Very eloquent, articulate and easy to deal with. Very understanding people, outgoing and yes, very much into travel. They are very open minded people, less censorship and very curious.

I spoke to one customer before and when I told that customer I'm from the Philippines, the customer became very intuitive, curious about the country. Our billing call became a travel talk to make it short and customer promised to come here sometime even I said to the customer less about our country. Customer maybe fond of our weather. I owe as well, my curiosity and open mind from them, and the sense of more patience and understanding. I hope the accent as well. hehe

Even times are changed, they were able to adopt and think Classical. =)

They seem interested always and always think before they act. Funny people too, when you're into their culture, they are very funny. Beautiful lads, yeah.. When you have Kate Winslet, Rachel Weisz, Keira Knightley, Samantha Morton, the chick from Captain America, Carrie Mulligan, and even Helen Mirren and other ladies with stature and elegance, that's it. I want to meet more of UK ladies than Japanese ones. Intellect and elegant, strong willed.

The dudes like James Mcavoy, Michael Fassbender, Gary Oldman, Clive Owen which at first I did not like him, even Andrew Garfield, ah great Ian Mckellen if I got the spelling right, Sean Connery, Ewan Mcgregor, Roger Moore, Simon Pegg! hahaha, Daniel Craig, Colin Firth, and others to mention.. A real man, wise yet it has good looks. Not perfect but enough good looks, funny as well. Except for Timothy Dalton. hehe I forgot Christopher Lee.

Oh, well.. I hope I studied there, and get some good diet and might be like them somehow.

Second, yeah, geography, even it's cold.. Except for London, the other cities are not that tight and quite disciplined. Although they have less places to visit, I don't care.. One place I will definitely go, is not Liverpool. It's Manchester!!!! If you're not a Manc, you're a Wank! hahaha Damn, best place due to where my music idols lived, Joy Division/New Order, The Smiths, Punk bands, even the Cure perhaps, yeah, just because of that. Although I love Scotland because of the wide scenary of green and quite tranquil place. That same goest to Northern Ireland.. Isle of Man I guess. hehe

Third, yes, music! Enough said, from Pop, Rock, everything about music started here. Even dance music and rave parties as shown in 24 hour party people. hehe Very deep music, from the lyrics and rhythm.. All of it, my musical haven came here. My influence to music, came here. Even others don't understand and few who can love Brit music, well.. Great! Timeless classics and well, keeps on making serious ones like now, Adele is one great example. They creativity in music is really good, in terms of lyrics and deepness of song. That's why in my playlist, 50% are british songs, including new wave hits. hahaha

Oh I miss Amy.. =(

Fourth, great government. Although many brits may find it appalling for this part but I don't see or not too many governments who has social support in housing maybe before, hmmm benefits, assistance and most of all, which I can't believe, free hospitalization and cheap medicine. Very cheap. It's like one price and get as much as you want. Wow. That's it! I asked that in one of my customer's before, and customer quite shocked that it's not applied in other countries. Geez, what we have here is just philhealth and Mercury drug which is a moneymaker as well. So, oh well I'm envious and that's one of the factors why they have a long, very long life span. In my stay at that brit account, that was the account I've talked to many 80-90 year old lads. And they do system password reset in the phone which is a pain in the arse! Wow, their mind is still sharp. That's long life.. Indeed a long life. Like Japan, well they can live longer with that kind of support and diet they have, you'll definitely enjoy life there.



Fifth, hmmmm of course, movies! Although movies in the US and Japan are great, I got more interested in them. The european style of filmaking is always open for any theme or topic, so that's why they are influenced as well. But I found them more simple despite the accent and characters as well. I found them more entertaining. There are many films to mention about this but one great example is Shawn of the Dead. I mean, when I got that flick, I have no clue about it but great thing I am working already in that brit account, so it was a simple plot but very funny and entertaining behind that gore and crazy stuff. Or how about trainspotting, damn.. Very graphic yet it's a thrill ride. Or how about hunger which is very politically sound but damn serious. Recently, The Guard! Low budget but great story, action and acting as well..

A lot to mention, these films have one same quality. Doesn't care about censorship because their board of censors does make sense. We only cut scenes if it's really inappropriate viewed by a free mind. That's it, and look they rarely do that except for some good films. Unlike in the US, geez, one factor films cannot be pushed to the limit is because of their censorship.

How about government support for the films. Sad to say I don't know if they still exist but they are few in the world who really support and produce films. Damn I hope, they can put again UK Film Council. I know each state has one as well but that depends on the budget.


Sixth, yes, the only country that has the sixth reason. Actually I don't know. =) High brand cars are cheaper there. Yes, it is.. The ones sold here the old BMW's or Mercedes still reaches a million. In the UK, you can buy with your 3k quid for an old good BMW. Damn, that's only 200k if you converted it here!!! Even I don't know much in cars and driving, I still prefer european cars, expensive yet brand and effecient worth it. In the UK, damn.. My dream cars are not really much except for super cars. I can even watch more of Top Gear!

Lastly, simply the accent! It sounds becautiful not only in the phone but in person. Very elegant and detailed, I hope I can learn more of it except for that other accents which I can't really understand. I was shocked before that one of my customer's told me I sound like his neighbor. Very good chance that I can really get their accent. One well spoken bloke!


That's it, I hope, if there is really a chance to live in the UK. I'll grab it and raise a family! hehe

I know they are in almost dire straits, I believe they can overcome such difficulty because of not only government alone but people who knows what to do and never give up. Yeah, due to the US financial crisis, they were struck by it and sad to say it's affecting their NHS.. Quite scary.

Honorable mention for the countries I want to visit or live! Spain, maybe because of women again, spanish, and Ibiza. Brazil! hehe Same reason.. China because of the culture and food.. SG for work. hahaha Germany, home of the best beer and yes, cars! NZ because it's the same of UK just remove almost 4 factors. AUS because of the beach and UK like culture except for 3 factors. Russia! Same as Spain and Vodka perhaps. Philippines of course, more fun! France-Italy-Israel, for holy pilgrimage... Many more to mention, but in my lifetime difficult to go to all those places..

Only 3 who stands out. Indeed!

No comments: