Monday, September 17, 2012

Kung Ako'y Isang...

(screenplay writer)


As I became exposed to movies and some literature and arts, music and the like.. Haba no? hehe I thought of well, instead of making a band, it's impossible! I don't have a good singing voice, or even well di ako magplay ng any musical instrument. Acting? Hmmm I don't have the looks or even the skills. Poor me. Bale, that leaves me sa likod ng camera! PA? Nope.. Lightsman, cameraman, or even editor.. Nah.. I've thought only 2 things left, director or screenplay. Scriptwriter, not really coz I'm not a good in speeches or sorts. Hirap nga ko magsalita minsan. hehe

I thought of screenplay na lang, what I know of screenplay writer is the one making the plot/story of the film. Not really involved sa script kasi grabe na yun.. Kaw na yun magkwento, kaw pa magsasalita. Hayop! hehe But yeah may mga ganoon pero screenplay ok na. At kung director naman, is simply the CEO of the film or well manager of the film. To do that, you should be like alam lahat, from lighting, editing, even cinematography kasama at matindi, screenplay as well! Di ko naman kaya yun, especially the technicalities of making a film.

One role is enough, and that's is screenplay. Honestly, I'm looking for a book about it. The basic and cool book about one. Hmmmm of course, may mga magaling na diyan, from Mike De Leon, Raquel Villacencio if I got it right, siyempre, Ricky Lee and new comers na din for these days. I really hate na type of screenplay, recent flicks from that Star Cinema, they do films that target to attract goers with catchy lines and kilig lines. They really do it for the money I suppose.

Foreign naman, one I really look up to Stanley Kubrick.. Grabe, great director, great storyteller. Geez what else you can ask for? The one who wrote Blade Runner of course.. Then the recently indie flicks, hmmm ah british writers and yes, japanese screenplay writers with matching erotic screenplay. hehe At for me, great screenwriter... Charlie Kaufman, that dude is very imaginative in every sense of the word. Kahit sobrang weird or so.. Damn great writer, which he can film it as well!!! Don't forget the challenging Lars Von Trier and yes, sama mo na si Mel Gibson.. Quentin Tarantino siyempre, I almost forgot. Ah Christopher Nolan siyempre, don't forget that dude.. Terry Gilliam, more in the psychedelic style.

Kung ako ang screenwriter, siyempre marami na ko naisip!! hehe Let's say I'm more in the shock factor or action theme movie.. Then may thriller, tapos pwede din comedy at horror na din kaya.. Mukhang mahina ako sa Romanctic type at feel good movies..hehe I can say I have ideas that may change yun type of viewing, especially here. Sample, horror about Mang Jani. Janitor. hehe

Yun lang, sana with all those wish roles or jobs in life, eto sana yun masunod ko..

Why this? I have always imagine many things that may possible in life of sorts. Maybe my imagination is endless to tell a story.

You can see it in this blog right?

No comments: