Monday, September 17, 2012

OST Vol 2

I know that I have adored most of the OST I heard from various films. I thought these recent years films will not focus of doing great OST.. I failed to recognize such efforts for these past films I watched with great OST.. It's not popular but one thing is for sure, they are getting better!

I discovered that almost all brit flicks, has really good OST. As I love brit rock music or their whole music taste and art, it is always applied in their flicks. Especially if they are using great music from great bands. Starter for 10 as an example, even it's like a modern setting, they opted to use The Smiths, Joy Division and others.. Tinker tailor Soldier Spy! Great atmosphere music and theme plus a great song from Julio Iglesias. La Mer. Damn he can speak french!

Indie US films emerged not only having great storytelling and acting, sometimes directing as well, but great OST!! For example, Nick and Norah Infinite playlist.. Although not a great movie, but wow.. Fantastic indie soundtrack!! You can count Tron Legacy, and Hanna for a techno induced OST. Then yeah, one of my recent favorites other than those I mentioned, Blue Valentine! Thanks to it's one track sang by Ryan Gosling, short one. I'm sold to it. =) Rockin' Kick Ass and yes, one of the best OST's made by Beck, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Don't forget pala 500 days of summer. hehe

Of course, well.. In pinoy flicks, one is very notable, the indie pop rock pumped film Why Isn't there.. Damn, I hope they include that APO song in their OST!!!! Please!

Then lately, as I watch Nippon cinema.. That's why they are one of the best in the world. They have great OST in their movies as well!!! Name such films, like Strange Circus! hahaha Oopps. Wrong flick.

Hmmmm DMC, Waterboys, Swing girls ah Funky Forest due to a lot of dance and pop folk songs.. Visitor Q because of the last song. Ichi the killer due to it's damn fast paced and techno OST, don't forget cyberpunk OST of Tetsuo the iron Man!!!! Akira yes, and many to damn mention.. Lately, wow I discovered, great OST done by James Iha.. And sang by the fictional girl punk band, Paran Maum.. Linda Linda Linda! It has very addictive songs.

I'm glad that I won't to keep only Kill bill, Reality Bites or High Fidelity as a choice for a great OST.. Definitely, I'll add some more as long I watch more flicks in years to come.

How about adding Ooggielove soundtrack!!! (Just kidding, damn I was laughing hard after spill crew review this one of a kind worst sh*t flick. hahahaha)

No comments: