Sunday, January 20, 2013

flashbacks: Cutterpillow Album


The greatest OPM album ever. Simple as it sounds, but well evident naman sa lahat ng mga ka edad ko or even pumunta sa Eheads reunion concert eh malamang gusto makinig ng halos lahat ng kanta sa album na to. 17 songs of about love, iba't ibang trip, even CMT, or having a bliss in life. Melancholic songs na din, very sad or some songs na sobrang happy. A well balanced album that appealed to all of us. 

I don't think may ganitong album pa ginawa after that, well they tried even Eheads themselves but di ko na trip. Naging iba na sounds nila after this. There were a lot of reasons, Ely changed inspiration, Raimund has other bands or even produced other bands album, Buddy and Marcus doesn't really care kung ano mangyari as long they can do their own thing. At marami pang rason, which lead to there inevitable disbandment. Siyempre nagreunion sila after sometime for the fans which was very lovely. 

For me, I missed the reunion concert, but did not mind anyway. As long I have this album and listen to it, worries or troubles seems to be far away. In a high! 

Out of their numerous albums, I only liked 4, siyempre yun makulit na ultramagneticpop, yun dark yet clever Circus, tapos eto na. I did have their Christmas album, Fruitcake pero yeah not really worth for keeps. hehe

Before, noong nasa school pa ko, uso pa nun yun casette and cd's as for music collection. Ako naman yeah, I have a collection na, ang nasa OPM ko lang eh Eheads albums, CD's pa nabili ko sa tower records here sa QC (which now became a rent space owned by national bookstore). I remember, the first Cutterpillow copy I have was given to me by Kuya Dong, casette pa siya and at first I did not mind. Kasi hinahanap ko mga kanta eh nasa Circus pala, that time, bagong release pa lang ng album. 

However, as days goes by and after listening to it since di ko alam paano pumili at bumili pa ng tapes. hehe Parang naattached ako agad and became a treasure for me. I mean, everyday, after school, I go home and before doing something, I listen to this album and kinda cheer me up for the rest of the day.

So going back to those school days, ayun I forgot kung sino humiram ng casette basta I'm sure may humiram at after sometime and checking my music collection, aba wala na! Di ko na makita. Damn... 

Kaya ayun, bumili naman ako ng CD type ng Cutterpillow. By the way, ang kulit ng cover ng ablum, with that iconic jelly fish pciture thatpos orange cover, with the lyrics and yun funny dun ay ang thank you part na walang pause, I mean no period or comma, basta tuloy tuloy lang. 

Anyway, college days, since di pa uso ang burning, eh siyempre ako may CD player sa skul at minsan dala ko yun Cutterpillow, as a nostalgia from my other classmates, nakita nila. Gusto nila hiramin, pinahiram ko naman..

Same thing happens as I checked my CD collection, wala na siya! Erghhhh. hehe But welll, all I have is the mp3 na lang which sana lahat mayroon na di ba. hehe

Well, I can't blame na di na siya nasauli, who will not hate that album? Geez, it symbols the generation ko, I mean it's like Voltes V, Shaider, Eat Bulaga, or even Palibhasa Lalake, part of growing up ang album na to. Cutterpillow. Ganun siya kaiconic. =)

I want to thank Eraserheads for this and of course from all the fans, well keep this piece of treasure. Many artists or bands lalo na sa OPM are doing albums na maganda, like Radioactive or UDD, or even Orange and Leomons that I don't why they disband. hehe But nothing, nothing will come close to this album. I thought meron pero nah... hehe

Definitely a pinoy OPM great album. Hands down. 

Dati fave kong kanta eh Ang Huling El bimbo kaso through the years, naisip ko masyadong malungkot. hehe Superproxy, slo mo, back2me, fine time!!!! Those di pwede wala sa playlist ko. hehe Pero yun pinakafave ko, I just realized at kinakanta ko pa sa karaoke! Huwag mo nang itanong . hehe At second fave, Torpedo.

Weird secret last song. =) 

"I used to have a cat
Who wouldn't ever wanna get fat
So she ate a feather pillow, yellow willow
A furry furry furry furry furry furry furry little fellow
Exercising all day
She never could swim in the beach it seems
Infested with jello like fishes no melotron wishes
The cat and the pillow and the jello like fishes"

No comments: