Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ring! Ring!


(BGC)


Now, let's go to the story. hehe 

BGC stands for Bonifacio Global City, which now well a promising district. Bustling will be a fitting word due to massive transfer of business ventures put up here. A lot of companies invested in this place maybe it's cheaper than other business districts such as Makati, or Ortigas. With great scenes and sounds you can feel there because of the wide landscapes and well built city within the city style, does it fit with a BPO employee like me? 

Yes, there are a lot of BPO companies situated here, a new place that they can invest because of the location and maybe the talent pool available here.  As everybody knows, BGC sounds a classy place, and it is. 

I went to this place, not very often, because of some occassions but for work.. After what I experienced, nah... I won't work here. Unless if I have a car and there is no traffic in C5 exchange roads, the fastest way going there from my house. I'll never do what the usual commuters do, from my home. Ride a jeep, queue for the ever slowing MRT, then ride a bus which the only way going inside this enormous business district. 

2 hours you need before you can reach in your working place, if you go below than that, definitely, you'll be tardy.

Here are some known call center/BPO companies situated here.

INFOSYS - Situated at the first and only mall in BGC for now, Market! Market!. Caters usually what I know, US companies, IT ones, then I don't know what is their big account. What I heard they have a good pay, but well.. You need to be near Market! Market!. What I heard as well, they have tech accounts because of the IT accounts they have. In the newspapers says, they have a UK account. I don't know how their recruitment goes. 

TELUS - one of the big call centers, they have many centers here in NCR. They are a canadian telco which has it's own call center/BPO business. There were called Ambergris before. Here at BGC, the account that what I heard is Zynga or that FB gaming account, a back office work. Low pay especially if you're residing outside BGC. I heard that the pay is around 17k with everything on it, like allowance or so, excluding tax. They have great benefits, you get free postpaid plan with phone from Globe which I don't if they still do it, and medicare as well. However, well, that's their account there perhaps with other voice accounts, and recruitment as they advertise, 2 hours only and you'll get a job offer. 

Deustche Bank - Yes, you got it right, one of the leading European and German bank is situated there. A big building they have and it's purely BPO. Meaning I'm sure they don't have voice accounts but they do have like the usual office work, think of working in an international bank. They have weird recruiting process, I tried to send a resume online, nothing happened, walking in is a hassle. However, if you're a graduate of a good business course from a reputable university which is not like me, you can pass here for sure. I've known some of my batchmates worked there, and what I've known, they all left. I don't know why, but well maybe they have a problem. hehe Ah yeah, I heard they pay well, and one surprising benefit, if you're shift ends at night, don't worry for a cab, you'll be pick by a driver using the company car going home. If you took a cab, well, they'll reimburse it. Damn. hehe

But yeah, definitely for professionals, especially with accounting background perhaps. I heard they have freeze hiring for now. hehe

C3 - A new call center situated at BGC, actually this one with Deustche Bank are near with each other. What I heard from one of my former team mates, they have good environment and workplace. She was a QA there, then recruitment was kinda smooth, she did not have QA experience before until she went there, done QA screening then yeah, she got the job. Pay, good for the basic but less for allowance. Location indeed not easy to work with. 2 hours should be your travelling time for persons residing outside BGC. She came from Moonwalk, Parañaque left house 2 hours ago, still became late. Geez. 

I forgot, account there is airline, and telco from UK. I forgot what she said about that account. hehe Sorry. 

Bank of America - One of the biggest banks in the US is here. How will I forget this new inhouse call center situated in BGC, just started a year ago. This one and C3 are in the same building in BGC. Why will I won't forget this BPO? Their accounts are mostly mortgage, personal banking and some chat services as well. I heard, they pay very well around 25K, and yeah inhouse account. However, their recruitment is very painstaking. I mean, they have a hard assessment test from numerical, language and yes, typing skills. Then you'll go for a grueling interview. Damn, when they asked questions I thought they will score you in comprehension or logic or structure of thoughts.. But hell no, they grade you on how you pronounce the words and so, they want perfect english!!! I did not make it to their voice account,they offer me a chat account. Well, I was interviewed by this great looking manager, but she's a terror. Asking me a lot of questions  even my HS days and college days, and I knew at the middle, I hate this experience and I just want to finish it. Although I agreed to be interviewed for the final one but I disregard their calls and forget it. I won't work there! One of my worst experiences and I felt, this company isn't good.. 

Proof? Well, one of my job hunting days, I saw one applicant coming from that chat dept of BOA applying! One of my friends, left her QA or training position, I forgot, even living from a far, worked here as a CSR, 2 months later... She left due to stress. 

Wanna try a spin here? Nah. 

JP Morgan Chase - Another big bank from the US is here, what I know the biggest bank in the US in terms of assets. Anyhow, the most famous call center in the site. I read as well before, they were awarded one of the best employers here.. Hmmmmm Anyway, I don't know how their recruitment goes now but what I experienced before was worse. Although with that experience in Philam Life, they have a good looking center. But anyhow, I was interviewed and as it went along, they started asking what did I do in my VL's, SL's and why I used it so much which it will effect my team's performance? What the hell? Is it a right to get a rest and you informed your TL's before taking a leave? Isn't that a violation? 

I was pissed off and I finished the interview, never going back there. 

Then of course, a lot of sad stories bound there.. Maybe if you asked 10 ex JP Morgan employees, 9 of them will say they were not happy working there. Geez.. Why many people going there? 

If you are offered 25k-40k, US account and shift, and what I know is they increase at least 15% of your basic salary to join them plus other bonuses for reaching targets in your metrics, who will not resist that offer? The one I've known said to me, he rushed for a pen to sign the contract! hehe

Many joined, many going away..

The recruitment process I think is just a series of interviews and tests, according to my previous team mates.. 

Many are still there because of the large pay, but well.. Every peso you earned, is really you will need to work hard for it.

Dual screen monitors used for mortgage LOB's because of some accounts came from banks that JP Morgan acquired through financial crisis. Not only irate customer you will experience, but toxic customers because of course, you will be dealing customers who will be losing their houses. Auto loans, credit card accounts, even premium accounts which deals to their rich clients who doesn't know how will invest their money. 

Add to an environment which is not really worker friendly.. Not the facilities, I heard their facilites are great, but the working relationship, nah, politics and pride indeed.. I heard one story from my previous co trainee that because he was just not comfortable with the team, like going or eating together but he's doing his best to contribute.. He was left behind in a team meeting for 3 hours.. His team mates are idle, him.. Taking calls, cursed and crushed by toxic customers. 

Oh another one.. hehe While applying for abroad long time ago, I was able to talk with one of the applicants, he is working here with JP then decided to apply for abroad or just want to get out with JP because of the toxic work environment. He just can't take it anymore due to stress and very strict guidelines there.

Another proof, besides with a lot of I've known former team mates and friends came from them, how about, the ones who has a drinking session at lunch near mini stop at Insular Life building, saw their ID's, of course they are coming there.. Everyday. Isn't that scary? That's how stressed working here.

So, if you can really swallow your human life in exchange for great money but great toxic work life.. Are you in?


There are a lot of centers stationed here, which I don't know exactly how many or who else but others I know Sutherland, Harte Hanks if I got it right.. And other corporations as well..

Great place for living indeed because you have access to serendra, malls, Mercato central,  the great St. Luke's Global City hospital and other establishments. If you're a fitness buff and you want to run in the morning, then jog the whole BGC everyday. hehe Then yeah spacious place, not that crowded building type,then are you a party goer? Some of the best clubs and dining experience are here as well..

However, as much great things it can offer, for me or even you living far away, I can't really suggest working here due to it's distance and traffic along. If you're living near here, I mean if you can live just beside BGC, this is perfect for you. 

But well, if you're job hunting and you live so much far here.. Just forget the place. 

Oh I hope they allow Jeeps or mini cabs like in MOA to really go around the place instead of that only bus route which is so slow and you'll be late indeed.

Rushing for 5 minutes before logging in  like we always do in other places like in Makati.. Won't save you. =)





No comments: