Saturday, December 19, 2009

flashbacks: A big tree and a toy gun

Christmas is a very special occassion for all of us! For me, well, it's like a normal day. For now. However, wayback my childhood days, this is the season to be really merry. Why? Gift giving as usual, noche buena, the big xmas tree and my most memorable gift was a toy gun.

It's a big one as well. Everytime xmas comes, especially in the Project 7 house, Mom and Ate Aila or I don't who else preparing a big christmas tree in our house. I remember, I am also a part of setting that big one up, like putting the decorations in that big tree. Nah, my fave decor in the tree is the angels with trumpets. Not the big star. Hehe

I don't know what happen to that tree today, but it's memorable because when xmas comes, we gather there, open the gifts, and have fun as well, of course eating Mom's cooking. Hay, what a sight to remember. Well, time does change, I don't know as well, when that mood will happen again. I used to remember when I was a kid, I thought the leaves of the tree are true, well, it's just plastic. hehe

I believe it was after xmas, when I woke up in the morning, I saw this big box. Nicely wrapped and as usual, it has a card says, merry christmas! to Alfred. Well, that time, every kid is talking about Santa Claus and me? I don't believe at that time ok. hehe Gift giving already happened at noche buena and I don't know who will give me this gift. As a child, of course, I opened it and wow!! A big toy gun with sounds. It shapes like a WWII machine gun, not the big one, but the small one. Like hmmmm a tommy gun but no round clip. hehe Anyway, I was screaming happy and oh well, like one of the kids, use the gun all holidays long. After the batteries run out, I throw it away. hehehe

That gift was so memorable up to now, I am puzzled who gave that gift. Well, thanks! hehe I don't care if it's Santa or Mom, or Dad, or member of the family, it's just thanks!!! Memorable that I can say, one of the happiest times in spending Christmas. Even I'm old and not expecting any toys anymore, I'll just see what will make me happy this coming Christmas, like that time, not the screaming part, but put a smile on my face. Even without that big toy gun. hehe

Or even that big Christmas tree. I am looking for the spirit of Christmas, which is important for all of us. The spirit of giving, forgiving, finding happiness and most especially, celebrating his birth. The birth of our savior, which really I can say, saved me many times, because of him.

We don't notice it when we're kids like me, I just notice the big tree, good food and well, the toy gun. How I forgot, we should celebrate the kid in the manger. The kid who will become a man. The man who loves you for the whole year, again and again.

Maybe that big star up there in the tree is the most important decor in it.

No comments: