Tuesday, July 12, 2011

flashbacks: Tower Quiapo

Since college times, the one place I can get my need for good movies and some software stuff is in this place.. Quiapo, even my music collection came from a very small place in Hidalgo, almost all the hard to find sounds.. It's there..

Sa mga films naman, yeah, yun mga sikat na films, alam na mayrun na dun.. Kung art films or hard to find films, kung makatsamba ka.. Dun din. hehe

I still remember, I always go there as long I have 100 bucks and buy some stuff there.. And uwi, nood at tago na agad yun DVD. Sa mp3, convert na agad sa phone.. hehe US TV series na din na dun na lang bumili kaysa manood ng matagal sa youtube.

As time goes by, ayun as I discovered a better way to get those stuff and save more money, eto na ko ngayon.. No more hassle going at Hidalgo and look poor thing kasi iwas holdup or mandurukot. hehe And no more rushing there at least before night to avoid trouble at traffic.. No more going in those hot stalls which really sometimes, gets in your head. Espcially kung may tumitingin na sobrang tagal.

Now, I can just wait and have it almost all.

However, I thanked that place, at least, to give the best choices pagdating sa mga ganun stuff, and yes, it's stealing but you cannot avoid the fact na technology is there and sad to say, it comes free.. So, we cannot blame those people there selling those pirated stuff.. It's cheap, easy to sell.

That's why, nakakaawa naman ang mangyayari sa kanila, malakas ang loob ni Mayor Lim at Ronnie Ricketts to clean up those area.. Actually, galing lang ako dun at may mga pwesto pa din, pero parang kaunti na nga lang.. I don't know what alternative of those 2 powerful men can give to our hardworking brothers and sisters there.. Maybe they can subsidiary selling original stuff instead. hehe I mean, instead selling, pirated copies, why not sell, original ones, pero siyempre mahal, kaya dapat may share ang government sa puhunan.. Kasi yun ang kilala sa street na yun..

Wag naman damit or cellphone accessories na naman, kasi nasa kabilang kanto lang naman.. Kaya I don't know how they will help them.. But I hope they will come up a better plan..

It should be a helpful and better plan. =)

Even now, I haven't go there for some time.. I hope it will be a better place for all those will be affected by the clean up, and sana they will be blessed for something productive than what they use to sell before.

I called it tower Quiapo kasi in accordance with Tower Records, a famous video and music store which sad to say, was first to go closed already. =(

Damn, about piracy? The thing they come up, won't really solve the whole problem, around 30% of the problem will be solved, but how about the remaining one?

I can say, nah.. They will not come up on how to solve the remaining problem.. Sorry, as long I can do it or many others can really do it..

Pirates still live!!!!!!!! =)

No comments: