Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Crazy Stupid Love

I thought I'll never going to watch this but oh well, thanks to our CG activity, we watched this before doing some work. =)

I thought as well, I can watch this with someone, it ended up with the group. Great..

When I saw the trailer, hmmmm quite suprised that Steve Carell has a quite serious rom-com but with sexy Emma Stone and one my idols Ryan Gosling. Then I think that this will be a good movie, and it took some time to watch it, because of some commitments.

The movie itself has some dull moments. Like one of my friends said that it's quite dull or slow until the climax of the story which is the fight and discovered that Hannah, which is Emma Stone, is Cal's son. Which of course, Jacob, ahh it's Ryan, who fell in love with. Of course Cal, the father, played by Steve, won't allow it. At first.

Ending is a good one, gave justice to all of them, except for the fact that Cal, became well, a player. =) But yes, Emily and Cal are kinda a sweet couple.

But yes, I felt that at the first parts of the film, very slow and thanks to Jacob, it gave life to the movie, specially the scenes which are funny, like Cal's transformation.

If you will remove that, geez, even it's an indie or art film, it won't work. The rating as well, made the story or the pace weaker, if it's like the R rating film, this will be different or better. Like the 40 year old or wedding crashers type films.

How about Knocked Up? I like that than this one. Even it has less drama, but it was effective. For this one, more drama but it was effective in the later parts, not those first parts.

However, of course, this film is not so bad. Why, because of the great actors. Steve was good, but not that great. Julianne Moore did her part, but in a good manner as well. Emma Stone should have more parts but yes, done her part as well, good. Great is Ryan Gosling because he has a different take on this character, simply deadly with the chicks and great change of heart at the end when he found Hannah. He really fell in love. The kids great as well, quite shocking though especially the babysitter and the kid love crush story. Quite funny and thrilling. Kevin Bacon, quite small part for him, especially got punched. Suprisingly, Marisa Tomei, damn! She's quite hot and funny though. Great role for her. How about Josh Groban! Damn, I just realized it is Josh after his last scene. He can go to acting.

Well, for me, this film, nah, I watched it once and it's enough. I'll just wait for other rom-com and I hope it will be better, good enough for collection and yeah.. I don't know, it's that great but not bad. It's worth the money, unlike Green Lantern. =)

That's a compliment. By the way, the title, that says it all.

Always.

No comments: