Monday, June 18, 2012

Kung Ako'y Isang

(movie director)


Yeah, Stanley Kubrick, simply is my favorite movie director of all time.. Even I just watched hmmmm 3 movies to 4? Kahit yun full metal jacket eh di pa yun pinakaperfect niya, still, those are the films that should reach my standards of an epic movie.. Nothing more or less.. I wonder, pano kaya ako pag naging director? Sitting in that simple chair, shouting with your megaphone to actors, or worse to your film crew.. hehe

What I know, for being a director or kahit sa film crew, to become one, at least.. You love at least watching movies. Whatever era you like watching movies or what kind of genre, ayun you will think, baka ako kaya ko din.. Especially, many movies have bad directors.. Geez, like recently, Ghost Rider.. Come on, when you have big budget, you should use it in the right way, not in the bad way.. They did just that..

Kaya there, my style will be like Stanley, every genre, kaya niya.. Pero not perfectionist like him, kasi style niya yun, especially in cinematography and editing, flawless even in present standards. Even with that 3D technology. Kahit di siya nagfocus sa action genre, but clockwork and full metal, medyo may action na siya dun ha. Except sa Eyes wide shut. hehe

I'll be more sa action siguro pero realistic like Bourne or John Woo style, but with depth.. Kaso mahirap ata gumawa ng action movie oscar worthy.. hehe The only movies na ganun, na nakita ko, The Departed and District 9.. Other genre na gusto ko, comedy! I don't I'm that funny, but malalaman ko pag nakagawa ako ng comedy film. =)

Sci fi, well.. Sa ibang directors can make one, for me, baka yun ang pinakamahirap ko magawa.. In Sci Fi kasi should have a fresh, even weird idea to make and relate it to the audience. Which parang lahat naisip na.. Hmmmm what else to think for? Go for novels perhaps. hehe

Horror, for me, maybe is one genre, I can make easy one.. hehe Give me just a day to think, ayun, may idea na ko. Of course director is not only by doing himself.. I need to have great screenwriters, get Charlie or Q is great.. Great editors like hmmmm recent films that I like, SFX or 3D crew if needed. Yuen Wo Ping for Action scenes.. hehe Or John Woo, or for US or Euro standards, get Luc Besson or that one in Haywire, underworld flicks.. Actors siyempre!! Actresses.. Hmmm Marami ako gusto na icast, kulang ang post na to. hehe But I prefer young actors who has a potential na maging serious actors.. Not young at looks ha.. hehe

Will I make pinoy films? Ayun ang aking goal, if I do make one.. Make pinoy films other than real situation of our lives, hmmmm or the usual comedy flicks.. How about rom-com that sells famous lines but the plot seems like crap.. How about make a film about lapu lapu in a 300 style? Or cops corruption like internal affairs or hard boiled.. Mga ganun ba.. Geez, how about visitor Q in pinoy style? hehehe

Kaya yun, siguro pag marunong na ko in this lifetime, even in writing for film or directing.. Definitely, let's change how our home movies are made. Please...

Ah, yeah I forgot, idol ko din si Takeshi Kitano or siyempre, Miike!! Yeah!!! Great directors..

Even Pasolini perhaps?

No comments: