Monday, March 18, 2013

Bully



Sorry Solar International, I watched it first here. =)

I was drawn right away with the title itself. I, admit that I was bullied way back HS years. As much I want to forget it, but well I can't. But it doesn't mean I did not forgive or had much hatred who done it, but I forgave them, even one of them is now my best friend. 

I just can't believe after watching it, for those 90 mins of such heavy heart seeing those kids getting bullied all the time but never give up of making a stand against it.

The documentary evolves around 5 kids who experience this kind of bullying. One is bullied because of his appearance and some they call "weird". One is bullied way down south because of her sexual orientation and preference. One is bullied because of her appearance plus she threat them by pointing a gun to them, then she was under probation due to her acts.

Another two separate stories of bullying due to their appearance and lack of esteem, unfortunately, because of it, they took their own lives. They can't take it anymore of it.

These are some of the many, or a lot stories evolves around bullying which affects a child's life. It is, not only physically but also more damage done emotionally.

There are 2 factors that which kinda did not help the documentary. One is the style of documentary is not that informative, or narrative. I mean the stories of these kids are great, but the style of narrative I hope they do it in a manner that builds interest or flow of the story. They only done that at the end.

Second factor which it's not the films or even the production crew's fault. It's the lack of action of government, even schools. The one who can really control this behavior or incidents are schools itself. I hate that one scene that the assistant principal done nothing about the incident of a kid, who is not only got bullied but also got stab by a pencil or physically hurt, and the kid is having like physical disability because of his condition. I mean, as much they scolded the kids for doing that but they will come back and do it again not only to that same kid, but others..

Of course, it's not only happening in the US, but all around the world. Here, it's a culture already. Geez.. I hope teachers, admin, faculty do their outmost authority not really punish for those who done it, but at least penalize or reprimand, or zero tolerance maybe for bullying. I know it's not easy but with will and authority, kids, children will follow. Not to mention the police who should also take part of it, which in the movie, they don't care even. 

I love those stories shared by those kids, but the one that strike me most was the girl who is smart showing off a gun to threat those kids. I mean it's bad, real bad but great thing the gun is not loaded but she's quite smart enough to face it and she has the guts to really show those suckers.. In the footage, those bullies where not even get close to her. Geez, bullies have one thing in common, they are strong if they are in an advantage, but very weak if they know they'll lose, they'll run away first. 

Another story strike me was that kid which is a miracle baby but as he grew older, getting picked day in and out. I feel sorry for that kid, almost like me, they just curse me or sometimes hurt but do nothing about it, good thing that kid done. Not fighting back.

What's alarming is bullying causes deaths of innocent children, I won't be surprised that this happen in Japan or other parts of the world. Such act can really damage such child's emotions or confident, then mentally as well.. I don't why they taught of it but well... It can.

Me, as a HS kid, I admit I did not go to school not because what I said I'm sick, had a flu or what. It's just I'm tired going to school because of those bullies.. I just want to get away from them for just a day or so. It is true. Sorry Ate for lying, and making those letters that I'm sick. =) But yeah, I endure it and finished school until college. Some of the bullies I confront, I finished college ahead of them. Poor them. hehe Yeah, some of them are happy or so, but well.. It's fate or Karma perhaps. 

What I can advise to those kids is quite simple... Don't fight back and continue to love life, if they don't love you who you are.. Then love the people around you, like first, family.. Family has the big part of overcoming fear of the child or be confident as long there is love and support from family. Close friends, or simply have friends. It doesn't mean you're alone in this earth, you have friends that you can keep or guide you. Great thing I have friends in HS before that despite my being a weirdo or sorts being bullied, I have friends who are in the same state yet not fighting back but we enjoyed company. 

Lastly, if you can, which I already did.. Be friend or nice to those bullies, I mean in the end, the bully became my friends. Ask Rheg for that. But yeah, most of the bullies, I've become friends with.. I forgave them and yeah leave them alone, besides, you'll not be schoolmates forever except if they said sorry and let's be friends.. Which, they graciously did.. That's why now, indeed, I don't have any hatred towards them. I just laugh when I remember those days. 

Oh don't forget, yeah pray to God that despite you get bullied everyday.. His love will cover your imperfections and enjoy your day as normal. Forgive as well. 

I was a bully too to Algerro but oh well, it's not the best thing to do.. I got beaten up. =)

It's not jolly to be a bully perhaps. 









No comments: