Thursday, March 28, 2013

Reflections of Faith


Faith means believing into something. Parang yun ang intindi ko..

Dati, I don't really know what faith means. Of course, I am Catholic but other than that, I have no clue what really mean of faith. I was thought in my school na don't forget every Sunday go to mass at minsan may homework pa na reflection in the Sunday's gospel.

Follow the 10 commandments, do this and that, don't do that and this. Hay tapos walang katapusan dasal, can you believe may one time sa HS na may quiz sa CL class namin to memorize all the prayers? Bubunot ka ng isa tapos irecite mo siya! Ayos di ba, of course you'll fail pag di memorize. 

Even in college, although it has deeper discussions thanks to Theology and Ethics classes eh in the end parang kulang. But it doesn't mean I lost my way into oblivion! 

Thanks pa din sa family, close friends, and other people, even books to inspire to continue searching about what should I believe into. 

When I started working, then one time parang sa isang homily, one priest suggest us, the church goers to read the bible so to understand what God really wants to teach us other than rituals, traditions or even prayer.

I did, well.. Until now, I'm still reading the bible, kahit di ko memorize eh now I'm getting the whole picture of what faith really gets me. It opened not only for my faith but also my mind into different things, or maging understanding kung ano man nangyayari. I've become more close to God, especially knowing Jesus more and gifts from God like the Holy Spirit. I've become sensitive in doing things, even na sobrang busy ako sometime, eh I never forget to pray for him, every day.. To give thanks, ask for guidance at forgiveness and most of all, ask for love despite may mga problem or struggles.

All those years of reading and doing some service made me believe that God is always there. Now, I'm in a community, I always think na paano ko siya mababayaran, kasi alam ko besides the tithes, I need to serve. Of course, not only through writing, but some kind of service. Great thing, hinihintay ko na lang ang training from the community. 

Faith to Him made me stronger and never or at least lessen up a lot of worries in my life. Although I'm still impatient, pero most of the time, ayun like waiting in a date.. Just sit there and wait. But continue to believe that everything will be just fine with Him.

That not only goes with Him, it will also improve yun relationship mo with other people. Lalo na yun naniniwala sa'yo, aba eh dapat maniwala ka din sa kanila, lalo na if those people really shows they care for you. Like family members, closest friends, even your TL or team mates, yun faith to them builds trust at siyempre di lang for short term.. Malay mo in the long run aba, maging close mo din sila. Believing to a person with full of trust, love will make wonders. Despite may shortcomings din, aba pagtagal wala din yun. Moving on so fast like it's done already.

Faith also make wonders, sometimes miracles happen. Gaya nung may shop pa ko, minsan talagang wala na ko sa target in a half day's work, aba pagkatapos ng ilan oras, sumobra na sa target agad! Siyempre I have faith sa tauhan ko and system kaya I know if di ngayon, malamang later o bukas. Pero sometimes, even hope is lost or love is gone, something will really happen out of the blue due to faith. Gaya na lang sa team targets or any program na walang guarantee to work, as long you have faith, it will happen. Since faith can really make wonders, eh it can also help you being more confident and you don't care if you fail or so, important you've done the best in a certain role or something. 

Pero di naman lagi ganun, faith also tells you to let go of something. I felt, na it's not always for the better but also saving yourself. Sometimes kasi faith gives you confidence but it may translate to arrogance. Usually, financially, ayun nangyari sa kin, sa sobrang bilib ako na kaya ko na work and spending it all without thinking, ayun I was in deep trouble. Although tapos na, faith in myself na I can recover naman for the better is there. Kahit maraming financial obligations until now, mabuti nga faith is there to make me decide what's best or wrong. 

Faith is universal, it's not only about religion or sorts, it's about faith into something towards moral values, inspirations, relationships or even doctrines. A good faith for me, eh as long the man is becoming better, not hurting other people's faith or beliefs o kahit yun tao eh di nadrain masyado of what's believing eh ok na yun. 

Faith never rests, espeically in times that faith really test you.

Continue to believe that in the right time, faith is the one will save you. 

No comments: