Monday, October 5, 2009

6:00


Weatherman Phil connors wakes up every 6:00am, on February 2nd, again and again, then again. Like yesterday did not happen.. Of course, I'm not Phil, and you may guessed what film I watched last week. It's groundhog day! hehe One of my favorite movies and thanks to torrent. I got it. hehe

After watching pure action, dark, horror movies. I thought of well, watch some feel good movies. Comedies for short. It's an old film, like I said before, I'm 80's and 90's guy..

The film has a very good cast, Bill Murray, Andie Macdowell, and others which also delivered good performances. Of course Bill Murray's acting stands out! Fantastic! ( I need to watch lost in translation I guess)

This is the story of a weatherman whose always assigned to report at Punxsutawney, PA (what the #@$k spelling of a city is that. I came from call centers and fortunately, I don't need to pronounce that everyday. hehe), on Groundhog day. Actually it's his third straight year. Agitated he is for the assignment, he still went to that tiny city with his lonely cameraman and new producer, Rita, who is Andie Macdowell. Of course, he checked in at the inn then it shows what's the routine when he goes there and what happened after his assignment. Suddenly, he wokes up, at the same time before he reports the groundhog day. He thought he's in deja vu, but when he wakes up again at that same day, he knew he's in trouble.

As the story goes, he was able to do anything he wants.. His adversity of getting out groundhog day is really funny. At first, he is taking advantage of it like getting to know girls, being rich, courting Rita which it did not end good, even speaking french.

When he was busted by Rita, and felt that his life is already worthless, he tried to kill himself, but well, he si still woke up at the same time, same day. Never ending cycle. He wakes up, like nothing damn happened.

Since he is doing nothing at that point and as you see he's selfish, so he thought of doing good on all the people in that town. Including his cameraman and Rita. Hehe The end of the story? Simple, after doing great things for the city and getting the heart of Rita, he wakes up February 3rd.

The film itself is great. I mean I really laugh at it, especially at the repeating scens. Then not only that, it has heart warming scenes like how Phil tries to avoid the death of an old beggar, or even the last scenes or the scene which Phil try to convice Rita that he is living the same day.

I wish my life was kinda like that. Stuck in 1 day repeating over, and over again until I get it right. I know my life now is redundant, and down, hehe. But as days goes by, I want to change my fate. Well, my path to be exact. Given a chance to recover. But having my life living the same day over again? Impossible for now. hehe

Lessons? Don't moch the groundhog? Bwahaha Nah, every single day whether it's redundant or a new day, happy, bad or boring, is a chance to make it right. As long you live the day, try to change for the better. For yourself and others I think. I just hope when I wake up one day, no more worries, anxieties or simply not living the same bad day. hehe

Thanks for imdb.com for this

Phil: I'm a god.
Rita: You're God?
Phil: I'm a god. I'm not *the* God... I don't think.

No comments: