Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Avengers

5 films for all the major characters, including some minor characters, and a long time of waiting, a great tease and they just assembled at the right time!!! Yeah.. I don't care if we had a hard time watching it.. Geez..

Anyway, simple story.. Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye, then managed by Nick Fury fights one enemy, Loki.. Saves the world. Easy plot but complicated action and fun!!!

Of course, there are some very small flaws. One is well, although it's a comic sci-fi flick, there are some scenes that it's like Transformers type, point of example.. That big ship. Geez, it's that possible? Even in my lifetime.. But anyway, that's forgivable.. Another problem was Loki. Not the actor which is very fit for him, not even the Loki Character, because it was well acted and great presentation, buildup for the movie. It's just that, the only villain is Loki!!! I mean he just tricked that army of aliens.. Although the first story in the comics was about that Loki's move, I hope, they already included Red Skull and Doctor Doom. Unfortunately, due to the death or dissappearnce of Red Skull in Captain America's movie, and Doctor Doom is well, not owned by Disney's Marvel, so it will stay with Fox.. Meaning that it's again, just get over with it.. But I hope in the sequel, there will be more villains. They also missed some characters in the Avengers, but not sorely missed, except if they will make this a franchise like XMEN, meaning like.. Antman, Quicksilver and his sis Scarlet Witch, how about, SpiderMan.. But it's not really a big miss perhaps..

First, great visuals and effects!!! Although I cannot deny the great effects of Chronicle and Underworld Awakening, well.. This film has more details and able to deliver it at the right away. Not eye stressing like Transformers. I mean, ithe effects have sense.. Especially the final battle, that was an incredible fight!!! The best example, Hulk at last, has the right form and effects for him.. Geez.. How about Iron Man? That suit was looked to be realistic, then Thor, the Cap!!! Although I did not like his suit that much this time, but I still love his shield. Hawkeye and Black Widow, I don't think they need more effects, they just need to be fit and they did. Loki as well, great staff though he has.. Great set up, especially the Stark Tower and the final sequence, it really gives you the thrills without comprising or add strain to your eyes, unlike those robots.

Second, the actors!!!! Of course, Robert Downey is really Tony Stark.. Hmmmm Nick Fury, although at first I don't like Samuel Jackson not because of his color and not fit with the original comic but when he acted to be that strict yet composed commander, that's fine. Chris Hemsworth is really Thor.. Chris Evans, great job of being the Captain America and being the leader of the Avengers as shown in the last parts.. Jeremy Renner great for Hawkeye, I only hate that character, not the actor. Scarlett Johansson at last, the most hated character in Iron Man 2, this one really rise upnotch.. Like the first scenes of her until the end. I love this one than well in Iron Man 2.


Of course, the one I really love is the Hulk. Mark Ruffallo always doing indie or some mainstream but supporting cast role.. This one, he did one of the important characters in the movie and it fits!!! It made sorry, Eric Bana, forgettable in the first Hulk movie. If there will be another Hulk movie, I hope they use the model of Hulk in this film then it's between Mark and Edward for the actor. I'm not sure who's the better Hulk, because Mark's portrayal was great, the only problem was screen time.. But I felt if this will be a film just for this Hulk, he's better than Edward just a few factors. Maybe in his acting ability of sorts, but definitely, another good choice for Hulk.

Third, well.. Great action scenes, not that usual action scenes. I wished that even without Loki as their villain, maybe they fight the Sentinels instead, I am going to still love the movie except no reruns. I love how they fight each other, like Iron Man Vs. Thor, Hulk Vs. Thor and well, Cap Vs. Thor in one shot. Thor I thought have changed not fighting good men. hehe

But definitely, great action scenes, from the start to finish, especially the final battle sequences, with Loki of course.. I love Loki Vs. Hulk.. Geez, it's damn fast and funny.. hehe Damn, I hope and thought the next movie of Hulk should be Planet Hulk, I mean it will show how he defeated Thor, the only other being who can throw his hammer was Hulk. But anyway, thanks for those spoilers. Every action scene was great, except with the scenes of that other agent which I forgot her name and Agent, hmmm the one sadly died.

Those actions scenes got me excited all the time. =)


Lastly, of course, the writing and directing of Joss Whedon. I mean I loved Buffy and Angel wayback those years. I haven't watched Serenity yet but they say one of the great scifi flicks.. I can't believe that how he made the trailer sucked at first and just show how those superheroes will be good when they are together. That's a great selling point and after watching this, I mean, I can't say more or less. It's a great film!!! It made sense all through out, I love how he managed giving screen time for each character in the film, especially for those heroes.. The fun dialogue, although the action scenes were really for PG, but that was fine.. Although it doesn't have that graphic novel feel, important is I had fun, worth for the money and even in IMAX if I will watch again.. It's a great film... A film for all of ages.

I'm looking forward, if he will have a sequel for this film.. =) I hope that will be soon, forget all the sequels of each hero, just make another one with more characters of course.

This film, greater than Xmen First Class, or anything made from Xmen or Fantastic Four. This time of the year, best film yet over Underworld, Chronicle, Haywire.. This one I can compare it to Watchmen. It might ire some critics, but well, I love Watchmen because of its dark and complicated, almost realistic concept of superheroes, gore and violent action plot, thanks to Alan Moore, and Zack Snyder.. For this one, it's fun, straight to the point, pure and clean action sequences and great director Joss Whedon. So, Kick Ass, Watchmen, and Avengers, under the same level for me.. Just worth of money, and time to watch it again.. Instant classics.. X-Men First Class almost there but it lacked some elements that these other movies has. Maybe, more stars. hehe

Well, there are two more movies I'm looking forward to beat or at least, come with the same level of Avengers, Dark Knight Rises and one of the fastest reboot of a superhero next to Hulk, Spiderman!!!


When they will assemble again?


No comments: