Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chronicle

I thought at first, this video is like a fan made trailer.. But well, like other shaky cam movies from Blair Witch, REC, Paranormal Activity, even District 9 and Cloverfield my faves.. It's just you have or to check this one.. When I look the telepathic effects, it's like, damn!! I need to see this. Even of course, I don't know who are the stars for this flick.

Story was simple, three high school dudes went to a cave one night and they wake up, have already powers!!! From telepathy, flying and yes, they can't be hit as well.. But with those powers comes with great responsiblity, one of those dudes, can't just get enough of the trouble in his life. Hell breaks loose and that's it! See for yourself who lived until the end. hehe

Anyway, let's go the great side of this film. The reason why for me, one of the great films of the year, because of the great effects of it. There are good reasons well, that means one great and other factors were just good. The special effects were like in Cloverfield, clever, effective and realistic.. Wow.. Especially the scenes where they use their powers, come on, I hope spiderman or other superhero flicks can do that. I know it's easy to say but that comes with creative perhaps.. And the fun part, or exciting part comes at the end battle.. Fans of Akira will know what I'm talking about. hehe

The effects and well that final battle really exemplify about Akira, I mean, WB has problems of doing that remake or adaptation, they just need to look at this film and have an idea. If still they cannot put something out of it, they can just forget Akira, don't touch it and leave as it is.

I feel somewhat surprised after I saw the film and well, maybe asking for more.. Although it only run 90 minutes, but it was well worth of the time.. Great effects!!! Damn, I hope I can fly and play football with those big planes. hehe

Good things, well first the cam effect helps a lot especially with the pace of the film. The reality really shows in your face, the camera done its part.. Wow, it's a pretty effective film. Another thing, well the script, although it's like watching jersey shore or other reality shows, the script is some what natural. Remember, I just realized they did not even say superhero in one scene, maybe because of the pace of the film, they never thought of becoming a superhero. They thought that living at their own lives as a normal person just be careful on what you do. I love the scene there where they encouraged the loser dude to showcase a talent in a show just to become famous at school. He did, but it's just that damn.. He should get some dating tips as well. hehe But another scene I like is they accidentally pushed the truck to a river, geez, there was tension and feel of what you should do, the correct way.. Of course, almost all the scenes were great and has depth.


Good thing about the film, well.. Actors!!! The only role and actress I don't like and everybody might agree was the lady video blogger.. Very annoying and the scene where she was topless, was cut. Or maybe editing did not put in film. hehe It's only for trailer marketing. Damn.. She is just beautiful. That's all. Others were great, from the 3 dudes, the mom of the loser dude, or even the dad who provoked using the great power and the HS students.. Seems real and surreal as well.. It's like watching a prom movie with a different plot.

Another great thing I almost forgot.. The development of the story seems to be very active, once they discovered their power, you will be attached more on what they will do and what's going to happen for those 3 dudes. Very good pacing and development of the story, it's between this film and cabin! hehe

Bad spots! Well, my friend did not like it that much, maybe because the very first 20 minutes of the film seems to be, like come on, the usual HS crap movie!! Which it was, I hope they can cut it short and have more development of the story towards that mayhem.. I was kinda dissappointed at the start, it's like.. This movie is not really worth that much of a ticket.. Come on.

Another bad thing, almost but maybe they are really in a tight budget.. Damn, no recognizable stars! When I checked their profiles in imdb, they have mostly supporting TV roles, and some supporting movie roles. Not in a good movies as well!! Wow, they took the risk on those stars. I mean even those not recognizable stars, they starred in some movies but not that big. For example, that one in John Carter, or in Hostel perhaps, or other flicks that has some stars but has no string of good movies. Great example, the one in I am number 4, that dude, I don't know who he is, but well.. He became famous on that film.

This film, although they'll get famous a bit but not that much.. Unless they make a great sequel. hehe But yeah, so much unknown stars and yeah, just forget it. However, they done a great job and looking forward where they will be after this film.

Lastly, damn, you will definitely ask more questions. I know it's a great factor of a film but somewhat it's a bad spot as well. You'll have questions like why 2 dudes getting sick when they use the power, while the other dude seems to be invincible. How that rock came into that cave? How the government discovered that it has powers? What will that dude do now after this happened? See, a lot of questions left unanswered, which I hope, they'll answer in prequel or sequel or whatever.. Like in Cloverfield, and yes, the most recent, Cabin in the woods. Many questions than answers.. That's what sci-fi flicks made of. =)


Damn, I thought jumper was cool, teleporting to the places you want to be.

But for this one, I want to have a set of powers.. Especially that telepathy thing, it looks great!!!!!!!

To me!!! Hell with the responsibility!!

No comments: