Monday, November 23, 2009

flashbacks: bicycle! bicycle!!

"Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like "

- The Queen, Bicycle Race

Well, they like riding a bicycle or bike or whatever you call it, I won't ride one. Here's why..

Way back, ah, mga 8 or 9 years old ako, I am or I was a excercise addict. Oh ha, you heard it right. I am playing basketball malapit sa house namin (project 7) kasi may court dun. Then may bike ako with sidecar na kahit nababangga eh sige pa din. hehe Even I have bruises or what, I continue to push the pedal of my bike. Ah FYI, I didn't learn how to ride the bike without the sidecar. hehe Ah yes, jogging, lalo na sa philam with my Dad or sa QC memorial circle every Saturday morning. That time, Circle was really a family park, not like now, especially at night. Hehe

Ah, that time, I really like riding a bike because the rush of speed and just going around like that, gives me fun..

One Saturday morning, as usual I woke up around 7am and Dad invited me to jog sa QC circle. So siyempre ok lang lalo na pagkatapos nun eh kakain sa tropical hut or max's sa circle. hehe Ganun ako katakaw nun. He drove, and we reached QC circle.

Ayun, after some serious jogging and sight seeing sa circle, like we usually do eh niyaya ko si Dad na magrent ng bike with sidecar para makasakay din siya. Di ko kaya ng angkas kasi one I don't know nga in two wheels only and second, mabigat si Dad. hehehe

Then we went to this bicycle rent stall, we saw one bicycle with a sidecar, then paid the one hour fee and wihee!!! Cycling all around the QC circle...

As time goes by, sa una, di naman halata pero nun tumatagal na, parang humihina yun preno, brakes. Dad doesn't notice it but me, who's driving, parang pag grip ko sa preno, medyo matagal kami magstop ha. hehe

Well, I didn't mind it that much as long I push the pedal, feel the rush and stroll, fine, no problem.

Then, when I tried to speed it up sa isang corner, like todo padyak na tapos kabig eh parang there is something wrong na sa brakes. However, I like the rush. hehe

So, that was the time Dad noticed it na medyo bumagal na daw ako kasi mahina yun preno. I don't know that time, parang di ako nakinig kay Dad, so parang tinodo ko pa yun padyak sa bike. Dad was now shouting to stop and me, unfortunately, the brakes was not responding.

I just stared forward and all of the sudden...

I just saw Dad flew from the sidecar, and me? I was upside down pressed by that damn bike.

Kala ko si Ben Tumbling yun nakita ko eh. Or even batman, (because of Batman show sa 7, kinda addict).

I was powerless, shocked and well, breathing. That, took some moments to get up and saw me not moving.

He helped me and well, we were quiet... Oh, of course, there were witnesses as well. Like they were looking at us, asking if we're ok or what. Absolutely we're not ok. Especially my Dad. Look at his jogging pants, it's torn bad. Me, some bruises and scars at my leg.

Even at that state, we were still at that brakeless bike, strolling back to the rental and gave it back, return it and said, ayusin niyo yun preno ha, well Dad said that.

Yes, we still ate at tropical hut and I am eating so much, I forgot what happened. My Dad, well, reading some newspapers at that torn state and drinking some coffee..

After that, we went home and that's time I was terrified. Never ride a bike again, especially with sidecars. I mean me driving the bike, angkas na na lang siguro or sa tricycle but ako magpedal. No way.. hehe Wag..

Kaya pag nakakakita ako na nagbibiskleta, masaya, simple at having fun...

I just go away, let it pass..

Until now, I don't know how to bike.. I don't know if I am still interested to ride one. I want to learn how to drive a car, but a bike, nah.. No way..

I prefer walking than ride that damn two wheels terror. Or three wheels me, driving on it...

I'll walk...

I don't care, thanks for the offer, I'll walk...

Like Dewey Cox says, Walk Hard!

I don't care what the band Queen says..

No comments: