Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quotes to ponder

Siyempre hindi ito galing kay Bob Ong. hehe Nakita ko to sa kahon ko and it was a letter I received from a retreat wayback in College. Villa should have a copy of this, or any of my friends in 4BA1. haha I was able to keep the letters of my friends and especially from my retreats in school. Kapag ako'y malungkot or nababagot like this week, I am used to read these past letters. hehe Let's start..

"Take some time to think about these...

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands, and then eat just of the one of the pieces.

I have done more harm by the falseness of trying to please than by the honesty of trying to hurt.

If yo have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not falling down but staying down.

We all live in susupense, from day to day, from hour to hour, in other words, we are the hero of our own story. 

Inside myself is a place where I live all alone, and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up.

I don't need a man to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we'll ever have is the one with ourselves. 

I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

It's so easy to think about love, to talk about love. But it's not always easy to recognize love.. even when we already hold it in our hands.

Lover starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear. 

It is hard to walk away if you will be losing someone who has been a part of your life. But it will be much harder to stay, if loving him would mean losing yourself. 

Heartbreaks last as long as you want and cut deep as you  allow them to go. The challenge is not how to survive heartbreaks but to learn from them. 

A sad thing about life is that when you meet someone who means a lot to you, only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and we just have to let go. 

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we know how to be grateful for the gift. 

In the maze of love, try not to loose yourself so that when love is no longer willing to stay, you still have with you the greatest possession and gift no one could ever take a way -- yourself. 

You can hide the pain that you feel and make others believe that you can move on but you can never deny the truth to yourself that the person who has failed and hurt you is still the person you will always choose to love. 

Whatever happens, it happens for a REASON. No one falls in love by choice, it is by CHANCE. No one stays in love by chance, it is by WORK. And no one fails out of love by chance, it is by CHOICE. 

There are some people who meet that somebody that they can never stop loving, no matter how hard they try. I wouldn't expect you to understand that, or even believe it, but trust me; there are some love that don't go away. And maybe that makes them crazy, but we should all be lucky to end with that somebody who has little of that insanity. Somebody who never lets go. Somebody who cherishes you forever. 

Life is not meant to be fast. Life is beautiful. So try to be slow and savor them all that Life may bring to you... for being hasty will you make miss some of the Life's best things and best things in Life are free.. 

HAPPY RETREAT!!! "

When I read this, all of them almost happened to me. Touching I can say. Lalo na yun part that says "You can hide the pain that you feel and make others believe that you can move on but you can never deny the truth to yourself that the person who has failed and hurt you is still the person you will always choose to love. " Parang ako yun ha, and si Rheg and well all of us who had a break up this year. hehe

By the, condolence to Mark Bautista, who his mother just passed away yesterday. Mark was my HS classmate, same section with Igz, Ian and Rheg, so I hope he will be ok and I know his mom is now at good hands in heaven. Let's just pray for the best of Mark and his family.

Actually nalaman ko lang ito when I woke up due to so many messages in my phone and that's one of them. I went to Arlington asap and talked to Mark and good thing, nandun kami ng mga brothers ko. We talked a lot but cut short because me and Igz have work tonight. But if we can return tomorrow, we can drop by again.  Speaking of break ups, while we're talking about break ups and relationships, parang this year ata eh year of the break ups. Parang hula daw last year na this year is not a good year for relationships. Totoo kaya yun, kasi of course, mga brothers ko except Ian eh single na, pati si Mark and yun isa namin kilala break na din ang kanilang GF then some friends ko din, so this is not really a good year to have a relationship, sabay ba to ng economic crisis? hehe Bakit naman ako di nakaabot man lang ng January 1 at break na kami? hahaha Oh well, sana next year ay ok na dapat ang relationships. All of us has a right to be happy with a special someone. 

So, that's all lang talaga ang bago, well, nakapaglinis ako ng shoes, kasi naman, letcheng maynilad, nagbakbak na naman ng kalye malapit sa min so yun mga grabe and putik dumikit sa shoes ko. hehe I was to clean them, good thing. I just love my shoes I guess. 

By the way, its Joanne's birthday today, 10/30/08. Happy birthday dude! hehe The varsitarian editor in chief in our college days. Very good writer, speaker and friend as well. hehe Dude, sana naman libre ka ng lunch para naman macelibrate ang birthday mo, kaso di ka free. I hope we can celebrate it sometime. Good luck to your new job and God bless as well, take care! 

What else? hmmm as of now, I just want to finish this week and rest. I have plans for this coming weekend but I just keep it with myself. hehe Thanks Ann for the letter, and tomorrow's blog will be senti. I keep the best or worse for last. It's your take. 

Am I still here by xmas? hehe 

No comments: